THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2011
“The cocktail party at Kanaly Trust which was held Tuesday night for the BBB Board of Directors turned out very nice. Thanks to Sharon Pearson for hosting the event. We thoroughly enjoyed it!”
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2011
November 4, 2011
Dear JFTR Supporter,
The Board of Directors is pleased to write this letter of appreciation to each and every volunteer, participant, and donor who supported Jump For The Rose throughout 2011. Building on the success of our inaugural year, we were able to provide camps at various skydiving facilities throughout the great state of Texas where young jumpers were able to learn about and improve their skills in formation skydiving. This wonderful charity is able to, not only increase awareness and raise money in support of the excellent services The Rose provides to women, but also motivate and teach others how to give back to those who are less fortunate through skydiving. What a wonderful way to live up to our motto:
“Skydive~Have Fun~and Give Back”!
"Besides being a fabulous fundraiser, this support means an awful lot of mammograms for an awful lot of women," said Dorothy Gibbons, CEO and co-founder of The Rose. The organization is dedicated to providing screening, diagnostics, treatment, and support to all women regardless of their ability to pay for services. For example, women with health insurance who undergo mammograms at The Rose enable doctors to provide the same service for another woman who cannot pay. Since early diagnosis and treatment are key to treatment success, insured women who are screened and treated at The Rose are literal lifesavers.
We hope that communities throughout the state will continue to embrace Jump For The Rose’s mission and continue to help raise awareness for breast healthcare and funds for women to seek the services and treatment they need at The Rose. JFTR is thrilled with the opportunity to reach an even greater audience next year and to raise critical funding for the Rose’s Empower Her Sponsorship Program.
We send out a heartfelt Thank You to each and every one of you who donated your time and money to Jump For The Rose. Stay in touch with us as we ramp up for an even more successful year of: “Skydiving~Having Fun~ and Giving Back” in 2012!
JFTR Board of Directors
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
On Sunday, 9-11-2011, jumpers from Skydive San Marcos made a memorial 9-11 skydive - the video of the jump was later played on-air on CNN!!!! Thank you to everyone who came out to Skydive San Marcos last weekend for the Jump For The Rose training camp!! We had great time and some very successful skydives! Special thanks to Rob, Leah and RD for organizing! Not only did we raise money for The Rose this past weekend but we also introduced some young jumpers to big-way formation skydiving :)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2011
An Umbrella policy protects against liability lawsuits. In these days when people can win a huge lawsuit over being surprised that coffee is hot, serious liability protection is more important than ever. Without the proper coverage you could see your entire life’s work evaporate in one gut-wrenching bang of a gavel.
You may need a Personal Umbrella policy if you:
- Own or drive a car. In one study by Gen Re (a Berkshire Hathaway company), serious auto accidents were almost 90% of total personal umbrella losses. In just one example, a driver talking on his cell phone crashed into a motorcycle, causing brain and organ damage to the motorcycle passenger, resulting in a settlement of $2.9 million.
- Own a rental property. Rental properties can be great sources of income, but they can also pose big exposures. In just one example, two children died in a fire after playing with matches at a rental property, resulting in a $1.1 million settlement.
- Own a dog. Texas is one of the more owner-friendly states and follows a “one bite rule” that means legal liability for a dog bite requires that a) the owner knew the dog had bitten someone previously or had the dangerous propensity to bite a person, b) the bite was caused by the negligence of the dog owner or handler, c) the bite was caused by a violation of a leash or other animal control law, or d) the injury was caused intentionally by the person handling the dog. Nevertheless, dog bite liability claims can be very severe, with one woman who suffered wounds from a dog bite receiving a verdict of $1.5 million.
- Use a computer or cell phone. In 2007 there were 106 lawsuits against people posting statements on the internet, and the number of these lawsuits has been increasing rapidly. Suits and claims from bullying related to cell phone texts and pictures are also becoming more common. Even if you win a case like this, defending against it without insurance to cover legal fees can be financially catastrophic.
- Want the best value in liability coverage. iMGA now offers excellent Personal Umbrella coverage with limits from $1 million to $5 million, underwritten by an A.M. Best A Rated A size XV insurance company. Limits that large can frequently be added for less than the liability cost just on a personal auto policy, and also includes coverage for exposures not included in the either auto or homeowners insurance policy.
If you are a Texan who would like this valuable protection - Cornerstone Insurance Agency 713-948-0707
TUESDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011
October 8th & 9th 2011
Come Jump For The Rose with us at Skydive Spaceland! Not only are we setting skydiving records (JFTR ladies hold the National Record for Sequential Skydiving and the Women's Texas State Record), we are raising money for a great cause and having a great time doing it!
This is a fundraiser to support The Rose, a facility that helps those that don't have health insurance with mammograms and breast cancer treatments. They helped a fellow skydiver (actually, saved her life) and now it's time to give back (see Marian Spark's tell her story on Great Day Houston, September 19th). Your registration fee is a donation to The Rose and with your total collection of only $250, you are helping to save multiple lives! You may donate to Jump For The Rose (a 501c3 Charity) at our website through Paypal.
Jumping starts first thing Saturday morning with The Women's Texas State Record, along with organized Bigways for the Men. Raffle tickets for cool skydive gear and other fun stuff will be for sale throughout the weekend and the Anvil Brothers will be cooking and providing live music Saturday night.
______________________________We Need Your Help___________________________
Donations/Raffle Items: Kirsten003@yahoo.com (Kirsten Hardmant)
To Register: www.bigways.com
Like us' on Facebook at "Jump For The Rose"
We look forward to seeing everybody there!
Skydive ~ Have Fun ~ Give Back